Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Reviews and Promises

I was listening to the Geek's Guide to the Galaxy podcast (which is absolutely AWESOME, by the way, if you haven't started listening to it, you absolutely should) and in their interview with Hugh Howey, which is Podcast #83, they discussed how Hugh Howey's book, Wool. (Available on Amazon and other fine retailers.)

I haven't read the book.  Yet.  I hear it's wonderful, and it's on my to-do list not only because of the great reviews and my desire to support fellow self-published authors, but mostly because I thought Hugh was great in his interview.  I liked what he had to say about it all.

The thing that caught me the most was his discussion about how he celebrated getting a certain number of reviews on Amazon.  The video-that-shall-not-be-named is linked here.

The first in my The Royals series has 6 reviews on Amazon.  I think it's a pretty good story at a fair price, and I would love to get more reviews.  I'd like to do some sort of recognition like Hugh Howey did when he reached review milestones.  I just need to brainstorm what I might do.  (The idea of posting funny videos is very appealing.)

10 Reviews - ???
50 Reviews - ???
100 Reviews - ???
200 Reviews - ???

Any thoughts?  Has anyone else done this sort of thing?

-Missy Kirtley

No comments:

Post a Comment