Friday, January 13, 2012

Review of Mocking Jay

Mockingjay (The Hunger Games, #3)Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


What an amazing ending to a wonderful series! I can't help but have been swept up by the power of these books. I think the first person narrative really kept me involved, kept those pages turning. I wasn't exactly the most fond of the heroine, Katniss, because I found some of her flaws were overpowering and incredibly irritating. But I could see the goodness in her, too, that made me want her to win, want her to succeed, even when she couldn't see the end herself.



This book was what I expected the second book to be. I wanted to see the war before it happened, I was waiting for the rebellion before it took place. There were a LOT of twists and turns that I didn't see coming (Peeta's return, for example, and what happened to Finnick in the tunnels--hopefully without giving away too much!) but those only kept me on my toes and reading more, not necessarily getting frustrated and wanting to stop.



The characters that I loved from the first two books, that I was hoping to see again came back with a vengeance. I ended the series the way I started it, loving Peeta more than most of the other characters. Katniss' mother was such a strong character, even through her weaknesses. A lot of the story can be attributed to her actions, for better or for worse. Even though the story ends with a lot of things falling apart, there's still hope in the rebuilding--that hope was what I read the whole series for.



I only wish that the epilogue had been a bit longer, a bit more in detail. But all in all, I loved this series, and would recommend it to all my friends and loved ones.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment