Wednesday, January 4, 2012

More 2012 Resolutions Brainstorming

My Previous Blog Post about New Years Resolutions, along with coming across the hand-written page of resolutions once more, gave me the inspiration to write up these Resolutions and try to get a start on them. Of course, I believe that Resolutions are a work-in-progress, and that this list can be updated as needed--and I hope that I come back to it to remind myself of my goals for this year.

READING
- Read 10 Nonfiction books. (self-explanatory)
- Read 10 Fiction books. (self-explanatory)

WRITING
- Participate in (and succeed at) the nanowrimo challenge this November. (Will be a challenge with a 3 year old and a 6 month old.)
- Write one blog post per month. (This one counts, right?)
- Write at least one other novel over the course of the year. (I have outlines for 3 or 4 already written, and the start of my sequel to my 2011 Nanowrimo novel.)

HEALTH
- Give birth. (Scheduled for March 23rd.)
- Get adequate sleep.
- Lose 20 pounds. (Mostly baby weight, I think.)
- Go to the gym 1x per week, building to 3x per week, following physician's orders after c-section and recovery from surgery.

EDUCATION
- HTML studies/CSS studies, leading to building my own website.
- Read more about Self-Publishing, Marketing.
- Twitter an interesting and relevant link daily.

TEACHING
- Continue taking daughter to Swim School, Sunday School and Preschool classes.
- Get daughter Potty Trained before second baby arrives.
- Stop daughter from skipping 5 when she counts to 10.
- Teach daughter that the letters are "L, M, N, O" not "Elmo."

FINANCES
- Save Money: 3 months budget in liquid savings, save for Disneyland Vacation in Fall.
- Open Savings Account for Baby#2.
- Cut back expenses and create a budget.

MISC.
- Try to be green (reusable gift wrappings, compost/worm bin, recycle and donate).


So, there's my list. We'll see how things go. I'll just have to remember to come back and re-read to keep myself on track.

No comments:

Post a Comment