Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Review of Catching Fire

Catching Fire (The Hunger Games, #2)Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


The second installment in Suzanne Collins' brilliant Hunger Games Trilogy, Catching Fire, picks up right where the first book left off. From the get go it's a page turner, answering some of our questions but leaving us with many more about what's going to happen with Katniss, whether she's going to choose Peeta or Gale, how she's going to protect her family and her district, and how on Earth the Capitol is going to finally get her.



When I first picked up the second book, I was expecting it to go straight into the rebellion, to describe the highs and lows of the war that we all know is coming, to jump into action. But I was met with... well, I don't want to spoil it for anyone who hasn't read the book yet. But it surprised me. And it took me quite some time to come around. But once the action started up again, once Katniss was back in the Capitol, I found that I was enraptured again, caught up in the story and the characters, and their interactions.



Some of the characters that I loved so dearly from the first came back with a vengeance, and some of them were glossed over a little. There were even more interesting characters introduced, making me hungry to read the third installment (which I've already started!) and reach the end of the story.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment